Missing Links in Academics- Virtual on Demand
This " on demand " 12 hour virtual course is available March 20-31, 2023
Missing Links in Academics will introduce you to techniques used in the DuBard Association Method that can be used for students who may not need intensive therapy but could benefit from different teaching structures. This multisensory teaching-learning strategy connects the link that is missing in your classroom to help students reach their greatest potential.
Training presenters are : Missy Schraeder, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, CALT-QI,C-SLDS, and Alison Webster, M.S., CCC-SLP, CALT, C-SLDS
- Multisensory techniques for teaching the National Reading Panel five areas of reading.
- Syllable types and syllable division rules
- Spelling analyzation and fingerspelling
- Using morphemes as a way of increasing vocabulary knowledge
- Second through eighth grade general education teachers
- Second through eighth grade special education teachers
- Speech-language pathologists
- Reading specialists
- Academic Language Therapists
CEU's and pricing information: 1.2 Educator CEU's- $15 1.2 ASHA CEU's [ intermediate level, professional area ]- no charge 12 ALTA Credits - no charge
PROGRAM COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS: Participants are expected to complete the entire program. Individuals who do not complete the full program will not be recommended for ASHA CEU's. No partial credit will be provided. All participants will need access to a device with internet access to complete the course . This 12 hour course will be available online during the listed dates and must be completed by the close date.
Registration fee is $190 and participants must register by March 6, 2023