DuBard Association Method Seminar [ 6 day format ] - Hybrid [ virtual and in person ]
This training will be presented both in person and virtually on January 24, 25, and 26 and February 14, 15, and 16, 2023 .The seminar begins each day at 8:00 a.m. and concludes at 4:30 p.m. This training will enable you to take your knowledge of the DuBard Method to a higher level. After taking the Basic Course in the DuBard Association Method, the next step to furthering your understanding of this method is within the seminar. Course presenters are : Misha Lee, M.S., CCC-SLP, CALT-QI, ; Missy Schraeder, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, CALT-QI, C-SLDS, and Alison Webster, M.S., CCC-SLP, CALT-QI, C-SLDS.
- A review of the beginning levels of the DuBard Association Method.
- The structure of the language as utilized at the various story levels of the method.
- Correlative programs: math; telling time; calendar work and related subject areas.
- Lesson planning
- Development of materials
- Task analysis of commercial textbook materials for modification for students with language disorders
- Participants need access to the following textbook : Oral and Written Communication Disorders [ 2012 ] by M.K. Martin
COURSE MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION:
- Course textbook- Birsh, J.R. & Carreker, S. [ Ed. ]. [ 2018 ]. Multisensory teaching of basic language skills [ 4th ed. ]. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co. ISBN: 978-1-68125-226-1
- DuBard Association Method Noun Picture Cards [ 4x6 ]
- Binder of handouts
- Materials for completing the student sample book [ binder, paper, colored pens
- small dry erase board wit eraser and pens
SUGGESTED PARTICIPANTS: Individuals who have completed the DuBard Association Method Basic Course or SHS 727, Language Disorders II
CEU's and PRICING INFORMATION: 4.5 Educator CEU's - $15 4.5 ASHA CEU's [ intermediate level, professional area ] - no charge 30 ALTA Credits - no charge
REGISTRATION FEE : Noncredit: $1295 Academic Credit: $600 plus Southern Miss tuition PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER BY JANUARY 13, 2023
PROGRAM COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS:
Participants are expected to complete the entire program. Individuals who do not complete the full program will not be recommended for ASHA CEU's. No partial credit will be provided. If attending the course virtually, participants will need access to a device with internet access.