BRI's Module 3: Structured Literacy: Phonological Awareness
Designed for K-3 educators, this collection of modules addresses the following objectives:
- Foster a deep understanding of each of the five components of reading recognized by the National Reading Panel and how they form a comprehensive and integrated approach to reading instruction.
- Equip teachers with practical tools and resources that are aligned to the science of literacy acquisition and readily accessed and applied in the K-3 setting.
- Demonstrate the use of assessments and their results to guide instruction for each of the five components of reading plus the three additional skills (oral language, print awareness, and written expression) that support literacy proficiency.
- Facilitate adult learning through strategies that allow teachers to access information previously learned and to apply new knowledge and resources to strengthen practice.
- Identify the importance of phonological awareness in research-based reading models.
- Review the components of effective reading instruction using BRI’s Reading Universe.
- Correctly articulate the 44 phonemes in the English language and identify their grapheme correspondences.
- Identify the components of phonological awareness and practice effective strategies for instruction.
- Administer and interpret a phonological awareness survey to pinpoint intervention objectives.
- Create a lesson plan that demonstrates explicit phonological awareness instruction.
|Mon, Oct 30, 2017||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 PM||Full Day||Marion McBride||Jack McAlpin||Ronald E. Whitehead Advanced Technology|
|Tue, Oct 31, 2017||8:30 AM - 4:00 AM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 AM||Full Day||Marion McBride||Jack McAlpin||Ronald E. Whitehead Advanced Technology|
|Disabilities||If you have a disability that would need an accommodation (wheelchair, visual impairment, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|
|Food Allergies||If you have a food allergy or preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|