The Children's Center's 2020 Spring Institute to include: "Stay, Play, Talk Procedures" and "Setting up Your Space for Success"
GROUPS TO BE TRAINED: Early childhood educators,
Stay, Play, Talk Procedures
- Instruct the learner in selecting which students to group together and how peer training will occur.
- Provide the specifics of Stay, Play, Talk, including the frequency, duration and location.
- Give the learner the tools to troubleshoot when a child doesn't want to interact.
- Provide the special educator or clinician with a set up for their classroom with antecedent behavioral strategies.
- For the learner to understand the basics of assessing behaviors.
- Teach the learner how to develop simple interventions to reduce problem behaviors while increasing appropriate behaviors.
|Fri, Jan 31, 2020||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|8:00 AM - 8:30 AM||Check In/Breakfast||Billie Fick||Thad Cochran Center - USM Campus|
|8:30 AM - 9:45 AM||Stay, Play, Talk Procedures|
|9:45 AM - 10:00 AM||Break/Snacks|
|10:00 AM - 11:15 AM||Stay, Play, Talk Procedures|
|11:15 AM - 12:15 PM||Q&A and case examples w/ Lunch provided|
|12:15 PM - 1:30 PM||Setting Up Your Space for Success|
|1:30 PM - 1:45 PM||Break/Snacks|
|1:45 PM - 3:45 PM||Setting Up Your Space for Success|
|3:45 PM - 4:30 PM||Materials discussion & case examples|